Wednesday, July 15, 2009

So Little Time

Why does it always seem time flies in the summer? Winter drags on forever and ever. When I was young all of the grown ups would tell me, "Don't wish your life away. It goes too fast." Yeah right. Well now that I am their age, I truly understand what they meant. I can not believe that I am in my 40's. How did that happen? Dan and I have been married for 9 years, but together for 16. I was 24 when we started dating. You blink and days go by.
We are leaving for vacation on Sunday. I have so much to do to get ready and am really stressing over it. Every day we have something going on. Tomorrow is my last day of work, which I am so looking forward to. After work is chiropractor, then WalMart. Come home, unload car, usually without any help, fix dinner, clean up and by that time it is almost 8:00 and I am whooped. Friday morning I am going to Cub Scout Day Camp with Danny. I'm not complaining about going, Danny is thrilled, but it is from 8:00 - 4:00. The whole day is shot. We are going to Aldi's afterwards, again probably not getting home until 6:00, unloading without help, fix dinner, clean up and start laundry. Saturday morning will be the last of the grocery shopping, followed by packing. We are going to the Pirate Game Saturday night, and possibly stopping to visit Dan's mom on the way in. It is fireworks night, so we won't be home until late, and Dan would like to leave early Sunday morning to go to camp. So much to do, so little time.
Danny is thoroughly enjoying day camp. Every day is an adventure. He is getting pretty worn out during the day too, which makes for cranky nights until bed time. Danny usually gets up on his own around 6:00 am, but since camp has started, I've had to wake him up. I know next week while we are at camp Danny will sleep in. We all will. I'm looking forward to that. No plans set in stone, I know we will be enjoying the river and we will be fishing. Other than that, who knows. Just make the plans as we go along.
Well again, 5:30 comes early and I am beat tonight. I can't believe I actually blogged 2 nights in a row! Woo Whooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment