Thursday, April 8, 2010

It's my Friday event though it's only Thursday

Hello Dear Blog,

I am so sorry that I have neglected you, (again.) Life has been a little crazy and a little busy. Easter totally snuck up on me by surprise. I was able to pull it off and we got one more year out of Danny believing. Sadly though, I think by the time Christmas comes around, the doubt of Santa is going to become a reality. My little boy is growing up. I don't want him to grow up. I miss my baby.
Tonight is the last den meeting of cub scouts for the season, followed by the Blue & Gold Banquet next Friday. My heart wasn't in Scouts this year. I was frustrated, no parent involvement. Ask for help, don't get any. I have a Den of 3 boys, with one of those boys being my son. Some den meetings only had Danny, others I had 2 boys, very seldom did I ever have all 3. Danny is advancing in scouts, he will be a Webelo 1, I have no desire to be a den leader after this year. I'm a girly girl at heart, I'm not into all of the technical building crap. I have inquired about another pack. The boys in this pack belong to a different school district, Danny will not know any of them, but it is for the best. At first Danny cried telling me that he wants me to be his den leader, he wants to stay in his pack and not go to a new one. Finally he understands that he will probably be the only one coming back next year for Webelos, you can not have a den with just one kid, and the new pack is run by men, and that makes all the difference in the world. If for some reason Pack 360 gets new recruits for Webelos in September, we'll stay, but I will not take on the role of Den leader. Plain and simple. I'm done. When Danny joined scouts 3 years, he joined, somehow I joined too, I was handed the Tiger book and was briefed on how to conduct den meetings. I had no choice in the matter. Never was I a girl scout, and I don't want to be a cub scout either.
Well dear blog, my lunch hour is over. I'm sorry I neglected you. I also apologize to any of my followers if you are still following. When I post something for BBTB2, I don't blog until after the contest is over. I want the designers to be able to find my entry without searching through all of the mess.
Have a great day everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I so love the fact that when you do one of our BBTB2 challenges you mention the blog site. Sometimes I visit entrants and there is no mention at all that the card on the blog was submitted anywhere. anyway, we sure love having you enter. thanks for stopping by my blog to leave a sweet comment.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete