Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Take time to smell the Flowers

Hello ~ Much needed mental therapy tonight. A couple of challenges to work on and my mood was instantly lifted. In the middle of the night, Mother Nature gave us a gift of 6 to 8" of snow. First school was delayed, then an hour later it was canceled. I gave myself a one hour delay for work. That gave my husband some time to shovel a path to my car and give the road crews some time to do their magic. By the time I left for work, around 8:30, the roads were just wet with spots of slushy snow. That was a relief.
However, when I was leaving for work, I noticed the temperature on our freezer was off. I opened it up and the food inside was thawing...We've had this freezer for about a year and half and this is the 3rd time it has broken down. My hubby made the repair call, tomorrow morning between the hours of 9 and 12. We'll see when the repairman arrives. I made the phone call this afternoon to the executive offices of a BIG KNOWN STORE that sounds like EARS. Never again and I mean never will we buy another appliance from them. Anyway.... on to the challenges.
The first challenge is from Cuttin and Stampin. It is the Weekly Challenge #9, use a flower stamp. The most talented Doris from Mom's Been Scrappin is the hostess. Her creations are beautiful. Stop by and say hello.
I created 2 cards for the challenge. I knew which stamps I wanted to use and decided to heat emboss. I haven't used my embossing powder in so long, I missed it. The first card I just used regular markers (I don't own Copics - I know! GASP!!!) and a little bit of chalk. For my second card, I used all chalk. Basic white cards from Michael's, Recollections. Paper, I'm not quite sure. Found in my stash.

Now the second challenge I created for tonight was over at Crafting By Designs. The fabulous Rene is the hostess for Getting Ready for Christmas. Non-traditional colors. I wasn't too sure I liked my card because of the non-traditional color, but after a while, I decided I really do. I like the muted purple and the purple ribbon. The stamp I bought on clearance at Michael's after Christmas and finally was able to use it. And the paper is from Tim Holtz, I bought it last summer and forgot I had. (That was a nice surprise to find!)
I hope you find a little time to visit these fantastic blogs. Show them a little love.

Please let me know you were. Comments are always welcome!
Thanks for stopping by!
~Sharon


1 comment:

  1. Sharon your cards are ohhhh so lovely. I don't own any Copics either...in fact I am not so good at coloring...I must have failed that class in Kindergarten! But I love your coloring!

    Teresa R.
    DT~Cuttin and Stampin

    ReplyDelete