Thursday, July 14, 2011

Crafting By Designs

Woo who! My first challenge entry since joining Crafting By Designs. (I joined today!) This is for July's Week 1 Color Challenge. I am so happy to be reconnected with this group. SSC has closed. Rather abrupt too. Angie and Doris (You're Awesome!) didn't want it to end, so they started up Crafting By Designs. I'm looking forward to making new friends and rekindling the old friendships.
I wish I had more time to play with my paper. Seems like life has a way of getting in the way.
As soon as we were able to walk, by dad literally put a small Zebco fishing rod in our hands. Mine was black and white. I believe it may still be in my mom's basement somewhere. This photo was from 1972. Hard to believe that almost 40 years have gone by. I loved fishing with my dad. From shore and from the boat. Now I regret those teen years setting in and not wanting to do it with him. For a time we grew apart. It wasn't until my mid 20's we came together again. Oh how I miss him. He's been gone for 8 years now. Some days I forget and can't wait to call him and tell him about something, be it a joke I heard on the radio or a deer or a flock of turkey I saw on my ride home, then I remember. There's not a day that goes by that I do not think about him. Some days with tears, some days without. I never knew that I would be able to miss someone so much. I love you Dad!
Well....enough of that....
Thanks for stopping by. Don't be shy, leave a note and let me know you were here. Become a follower. I can not guarantee I will post once or twice a week, but you just never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment