Sunday, March 4, 2012

Use your Favorite Paper - CBD March 2

Hello ~
This week at Crafting By Designs I was lead on a new Challenge for the month of March. The challenge is to use your favorite paper. I love paper! I love the way it smells, I love the way it feels. I just love paper. Choosing a favorite patterned paper is hard! I'm a paper hoarder! Honestly I should by 2 of every piece of paper or paper stack I come across. One to use, the other to keep and just look at over and over again. Although with me there is no doubt about it, POLKA DOTS are my favorite. They make me happy. I love, love, love Polka Dots. When deciding what to create and what paper to use I discovered my polka dot stash is dwindling. I'm going to have to do something about it. For the challenge I created a 2 page layout. And here is what I came up with:


Although the reason as to why Danny was so emotional that day has long been forgotten, I knew at the time that this was a perfect scrapping moment. I kept snapping pics and Danny kept getting madder and madder to the point of tears. Complete torment on my part, yes I know, bad Mommy.

I also created 3 more bookmarks from Granny's sewing box. I made one for each of my nieces. Now I have to decide which niece gets which one. A small gesture, but something to treasure. Something that their Granny had once used, saved for a special reason, something that was touched by her hands.
And lastly before I go, Wednesday I will be posting the Challenge - A year in Cards. I'm going with a sketch and a St. Patrick's Day theme. This coming weekend, starting on Friday, Crafting By Designs will be having their first ever BLOG HOP! We are hopping right into spring with the theme of Flowers and Things with Wings. The ladies over there are so talented and I know you won't be disappointed. Please join us. Join CBD, play along with us. Hop to the blogs and along the way there will be chances at winning some awesome prizes. I'm going to be giving away blog candy, stop back towards the end of the week for a peek. To be able to win, become a follower of my blog, leave a comment and comment at CBD.
Here is a sneak peek at one of my projects:
Stop back at the end of the week to see the rest.
Have a great night! Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment