Saturday, May 2, 2009

Saturday Night - May 2nd

This is the card I made for Danny's teacher. I think it turned out cute. A little abstract maybe? I'm not sure if that is the word I'm looking for. The a picture of the card set I made for Mrs. B is below. I messed up the card order when I put them on.

I made this graduation card for Kelly. The University's colors are green and white. I can not believe that she received her Masters today. I can not believe that I am old enough to have a daughter that received her Masters! I'll get into the Kelly story later.



Teacher Appreciation Day is on Tuesday, May 5th. I made Danny's teacher a set of these cards. Mrs. B loves frogs! I thought they turned out cute. I didn't use my Cricut on this one (this time) because I had the pieces cut already.
***************************************************************************
My day today was pretty uneventful. The weather was nice, even if it was a little chilly. At least it didn't rain like the forecasters predicted. I'm sure it will pour tomorrow. We are taking a ride to our camp to open it up for the season. I'm looking forward to it, but dreading it also. We haven't been up there since September. I'm hoping everything is OK and no damage from the winter weather. I'm also hoping there weren't any mice camping inside during the winter. I'll start cleaning and bleaching everything and we should be good to go when we spend our first weekend this year up there.
Lunch with my mom was nice. The food was good. I'm glad my mom came for lunch. The times with my mom I cherish. The woman can drive me nuts at times, but I love her and wouldn't trade her for the world. I was having a bad dad morning this morning. I miss him so much. If I could turn back time... You know those emails that go around and ask all kinds of questions that you have to answer about yourself, well one of those questions are sometimes, "If there is anyone you could sit down and have dinner with - who would it be and why?" My answer would definitely be my dad. I miss him so much, there is so much to say, so much that I didn't say that I wish I would have. At times I can not hear his voice anymore and that bothers me. My dad used to hum a little tune, I can hear it in my head, but no matter how hard I try, I can not hum it out loud. I wish Danny would have been able to spend more time with my dad. I know Danny can not remember him, but I do not let my dad's memory fade away with Danny. Even though Danny was a baby when he died, Danny is getting to know his pap through me and my stories. Enough before I start to bawl like a baby.
Our dinner tonite was from the grill. I do the grilling. Most men are the grill masters of their homes. Not here! I am the grill master. It's a charcoal grill and I do the cleaning, the filling, the lighting and the grilling. We had burgers and corn on the cob. It was yummy. There is nothing better than a grilled burger with cheese, lettuce and tomato. Tastes like summer.
I am kind of kicking around the thoughts selling my goods at craft shows this fall. If I decide to, I really need to get busy working on things. I would like to make cards along with pre-made scrapbook pages and pre-made scrapbooks. I made a baby boy scrapbook for my friend's baby shower last weekend. Absolutely beautiful! I was so proud of myself and my work. I'm regretting not taking pictures of the pages.
Danny was pretty well behaved today. I didn't get a headache from him today. Danny decided that he wanted to try to remove the camo makeup from his face by himself. He didn't tell me or his dad he wanted off, so Danny got a roll of masking tape and taped up his face. He ripped the tape off! You could imagine his face! Beet red! Marks all over it. The redness did go away thankfully. I only used a 1/2 of a jar of Vaseline to remove most of it, the bar of dial soap in the shower did the rest.
I'm going to call it a night. I'm tired.





No comments:

Post a Comment